Frequently Asked Questions
How long would each conversion or extension project take?
Will the cost of works still add value to my property?
Yes, we are an affordable company with a project finish second to none, attention to detail is key.
Who will be working on our property?
We have 2 teams – one for loft conversions and one for extensions we use the same contractors over and over they are checked for insurance and are fully certified.
Do I need planning permission for a loft conversion?
No, 9 times out of 10 permitted development is fine
Would I need planning permission for an extension?
It depends on the size of your extension, a sizable extension yes, a small one permitted development.
How do we know you're the right company for us?
We are part of the FMB if you’re unsure what that means please take the time to see for yourself for an additional piece of mind. Our track record speaks for itself, 95% of our work comes from recommendation. Every quotation comes with a list of previous clients so you can take a look at our work talk to a previous customer about us and make your own decision.the company owner is always on site running the teams to make sure they finish on time and budget.
What to expect when you contact MCS Southwest
- Contact Mitch Hammond…
- Arrange a site visit which works for both of us.
- You talk us through what you want.
- We go away and build a quote which normally takes a week.
- We talk about the quotation to make sure we are on the same page.
- Once accepted by you the client, a deposit is required to cover costs of drawings, planning & Building regulations.
- A contract is signed and agreed by both parties.
- Drawings/CADs are produced and submitted.
- Works commence.
- You will be left with a tidy house and a top of the range extension, loft conversion or garage conversion with all workmanship guaranteed.